GBAC Bio-Remediation and Response Fundamentals Course
January 22, 2020
The GBAC Bio-Remediation and Response Fundamentals Course includes:
- Responding to a situation that that involves biological materials – GBAC protocol for site evaluation and response.
- Fundamentals of biohazardous material clean-up
- Cleaning, sanitization, and decontamination – know the difference!
- Basics of personal protective equipment (PPE) and the importance of proper donning and doffing procedures.
- Waste management considerations
- Innovative cutting-edge solutions and equipment and how to use them. Participants will have fun performing hands on exercises with real equipment and solutions.
- Quality performance management measures
- GBAC TIERS of Forensic Restoration©
- How to recognize when to call a GBAC-Certified Forensic Operator®.
Key Learning Objectives
Students completing this course will be able to:
- Describe the key components of the GBAC protocol on biohazardous/ biological materials remediation.
- Perform and demonstrate competencies in the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) to protect themselves and describe its role in infection control.
- Define the differences between cleaning, sanitization and disinfection.
- Explain the tools, equipment and solutions used in the industry.
- Characterize different types of biological risks and how they impact decisions in bio-remediation.
- Describe the basic principles of biological risk management in bio-
Who should attend?
The GBAC Bio-Remediation and Response Fundamentals Course is designed for individuals who in the course of their job respond to situation where potentially infectious agents are involved.
The following are examples:
- Environmental services professionals
- Biohazardous spill team members
- Entry level Forensic Restoration® team members
- gMIST™ service technicians
- Cleaning professionals i.e.: custodial services personnel, residential & hotel service professionals, in house service providers, building service providers
- Hospital environmental services, infection control professionals
- Biosafety professionals
- EHS professionals.
GBAC trained professionals bring increased value to their employers and customers by demonstrating competence to carry out their responsibilities and by achieving high standards of excellence, professionalism, and continuous learning. By earning GBAC certifications, professionals will reap the benefits of safer workplaces, career development, and national recognition among colleagues.
Course questions and information:
Patty Olinger, 678-430-1044, email@example.com
ISSA-GBAC Forensic Restoration Operator Training
February 4 – 7, 2020
GBAC Forensic Restoration Operator® training is 3.5 days of intense training unlike any other in the industry. Lead by Jeff Jones, Certified Forensic Operator and Certified Bio-Forensic Restoration Specialist, this training involves hands on in the field training.
Completion of Forensic Operator Training is the first step to becoming an ISSA- GBAC Certified Forensic Operator.
Course topics that will be covered:
- What is forensic restoration?
- Biosafety for the forensic operator (this section will fulfill annual BBP training)
- GBAC Bio-Forensic Tiers© explained
- How to use the GBAC Bio-Forensic Tiers to select PPE and talk with insurance companies
- Rules, regulations, and guidelines
- Cleaning and sanitization vs decontamination. Know the difference.
- What is Forensic Cleaning?
- Site assessment/risk assessment
- The GBAC Protocol© for site remediation and clearance
- Safety and environmental considerations
- Personal Protective Equipment – PPE donning and doffing.
- Waste management.
- LOTS of hands on experiences.
- Validation – When is clean clean?
- Equipment –Tools, sprayers, scrubbers. extractors, solutions, ATP testers, and more….
- Importance of communications, with your team and your customers.
- Classroom and field competency testing
- Technical resources
- Connecting with the ISSA-GBAC Network.
What is Forensic Restoration?
Forensic Restoration is the comprehensive response and remediation to situations and structures that are contaminated or suspected to be contaminated with biohazardous materials. The objective of Forensic Restoration is to return situations and structures to pre-event conditions.
Forensic Restoration includes but is not limited to the remediation of the below situations:
- Known and unknown infectious diseases/biohazardous materials
- Crime and trauma scenes
- Unattended deaths
- Unsanitary dwellings and conditions
- Human and animal biological materials
- Mass Casualty Incidents.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in Forensic Restoration activities.
Why should you attend?
Individuals who obtain a GBAC Bio-Response certificate and those who go on to become Certified Forensic Operators and Certified Bio-forensic Restoration Specialists demonstrate knowledge and competence in the identification, evaluation, reduction, and elimination of biological threats leading to recovery.
Set yourself apart from the competition!
GBAC credentialed professionals bring increased value to their employers and customers by demonstrating competence to carry out their responsibilities and by achieving high standards of excellence, professionalism and continuous learning. By earning GBAC credentials professionals will reap the benefits of safer workplaces, career development and national recognition among colleagues.
What’s in it for you?:
- Enhanced recognition and endorsement of Forensic Restoration® professionals as skilled professionals
- Increases incentive for Forensic Restoration professional competency requirements to be included in standards and guidelines
- Greater demand for services with demonstrated competence i.e. Great confidence from customers, insurance companies, governmental agencies bringing value to not only the employer but our communities as well.
Cost: US$1750 ISSA Member $2500 Non-Member
Join ISSA to get the ISSA Member price for the class. Cost for an ISSA individual membership is $220!
Closest hotel: Holiday Inn Express and Suites
1007 N. Hwy 67, Cedar Hill, TX 75104
Course information questions:
Jeff Jones, 405-820-3638, firstname.lastname@example.org
Patty Olinger, 678-430-1044, email@example.com
Registration and membership questions:
Mark Warner, firstname.lastname@example.org
TJ Grim, email@example.com
Tel.: 800-225-4772 (North America) or 847-982-0800
GET GBAC CERTIFIEDGLOBAL BIORISK ADVISORY COUNCIL prepare | respond | recover
The Global Biorisk Advisory Council offers a comprehensive certification and training program for staff and employees of government, commercial and private entities. In addition, GBAC also certifies companies working in the bio-risk management and response industry in order to provide an additional level of comfort and professionalism to your customers.